Testimonials

Search This Blog

Thursday, October 6, 2016

Before we were Roses: 2

Before we were Roses is a look into the past to the brokenness before the drugs had broken us. What the underlying problems really look like. I could tell you others perspectives and their stories. I have heard so many but I never lived them. I had my own fucked up loving house of pain. The Rose comes from the tattoo on my hand. One of my best friends that had passed from an accidental overdose from heroin use. She was such a beautiful soul . She could make me laugh like any one of my guy friends but was keen to my sensitivity and insecurity unlike some of my guy friends. She was the Best of both worlds. We loved each other like best friends and hated one another the same way too. She became a Rose and will be forever memorialized on my hand and my soul. I look for her qualities when interviewing for friends and relationships. I looked at her death as a horrible thing. It still upsets me and it is terribly sad she is gone. But before we become roses we must go through dirt before our beauty is recognized. You are washed and tossed around. You will have dirt thrown on you. You will be frozen and isolated in order for you to grow. Statistically roses have a 30% chance of actually blossoming. So if you ever feel like your beauty isn't unique its just not true. The challenge is to have the right people around you to help you grow and blossom. People that understand your value and that you are capable of making people around you just enjoy your presence. It takes 6-8 weeks to grow and you wilt after 5 days of blossoming. To appreciate the short time we have on this earth and the time it takes us to blossom you should be able to appreciate and identify when I say , " Before We Were Roses". We appreciate less the time it takes to get to the blossoming point because maybe if we did we would watch and help the rose grow more often then we would enjoy it while it wilts away.

No comments:

Post a Comment